Articles of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God.
2. We believe that there is only one true God.
3. We believe that within the Godhead, there are three distinct yet equal and eternal persons – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
4. We believe that God directly created the world out of nothing. Man was created in the image of God and retains that image after the fall. God also created angelic beings, including those who later rebelled under Satan.
5. We believe that every human that ever lived (except Jesus Christ) is a sinner by nature. The penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death and ultimately eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire. All of mankind stands condemned before a holy, just and righteous God. Man can do nothing to merit salvation.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ (God the Son) was born of a virgin, lived a perfectly sinless life, suffered and died for our sins. He was buried and rose from the dead on the third day. He ascended bodily into heaven and will return the same way. He will forever be fully God and fully man and is currently seated at God’s right hand, making intercession for believers.
7. We believe that salvation from sin is found only in Jesus Christ. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone and entails repentance towards God and trust in Jesus Christ. Forgiveness for sin is found by accepting God’s gracious gift in Christ.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates individuals and places them into the body of Christ at the point of salvation. He gifts and empowers individuals for service. The sign gifts are no longer needed today.
9. We believe in eternal security.
10. We believe that baptism follows salvation. It is a public demonstration of one’s salvation. The Lord’s Supper is to be observed in remembrance of Jesus’ death on the cross.
11. We believe that local churches are God’s means of fulfilling the Great Commission. Such congregations of believers meet for regular worship, govern their ministries under the authority of Scripture and are led by pastors and are served by deacons.
12. We believe that marriage is between one man and one woman.
13. We believe that the church and Israel are distinct entities. God will fulfill his promises to Israel through a future restoration.
14. We believe in the “any moment” rapture of the church. Following the tribulation, Christ will return to set up his kingdom where believers will enjoy living in the blessed presence of the Lord forever.